Thursday, September 17, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
I used a bag of the frozen kind (around $6)
1 package of Taco seasoning
1 jar of salsa
2 tbsp of cornstarch
1/4 cup of sour cream
Put the chicken in the Crockpot, sprinkle taco seasoning over the top of the chicken pour entire jar of salsa on top put on lid and cook on Low for 6-8 hours (high around 4 hours)
When done remove Chicken to a plate. dissolve cornstarch in a small amount of water and pour in salsa, add sour cream and mix well.
I always put the chicken back in and let it simmer in the salsa. I also serve over rice. It's really good.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped red apple
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Domino® or C&H® Granulated Pure Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves, optional
- 6 kaiser rolls or croissants, split
Directions:In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cashews, apple and cucumber. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper. Add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
Place a lettuce leaf if desired and 1/2 cup chicken salad on each roll bottom; replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Stir in the tomatoes, soup, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
Drain macaroni; stir into meat mixture and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.